Kitesurfing is an awesome new sport that can be enjoyed by anybody. With adventure sports there is an element of danger which can cause harm or death so all Safety Warnings must be followed.
Before attempting to kitesurf we recommend you get lessons from a qualified kitesurf instructor.
Videos are an excellent way to help brush up on your skills. There are a number of excellent dvd's available.
Kitesurfing Instructional dvd's
Youtube is also an excellent resource to learn some skills.
Kitesurfing Instructional Youtube videos
Learn more important safety tips from these great websites.
Kitesurfing with friends is always more fun and alot safer.
KITE FLYING CAN BE DANGEROUS – Read these instructions before Inflating. By using this product the user fully understands the inherent hazards and dangers that may lead to serious injuries or death.
- Never use near power lines, airports, streets, rocks, trees, houses, vehicles, including boats, bystanders or any other structure.
- Observe the weather conditions and do not use this product in thunderstorms, offshore, overly strong or gusty winds.
- For adult use only. Learn how to fly competently before using this product.
- This product is not a floatation or flying device and should not be used as one.
- Always wear safety equipment such as helmet and when using in water, a personal floatation device.
- Always allow the kite to dry before storage. Do not overinflate and have any damage repaired immediately by a qualified repair facility.
The main points to follow when inflating your kite:
Safe Area - Find and area clear of an shape objects
Secure Kite - Connect the pump to the kite
Air Pressure - The correct air pressure will help keep the kite shape when flying and relaunching
Safety Checks - Clip off "one pump" strut valves and check leading edge, canopy and bridle lines for damage
Secure Kite - Place kite face down pointing into the wind with something like your board fins up to weigh it down.
Set out Control Bar lines and attach to the kite insuring the bridle is not tangled.
Customize your kite to suit your riding style and conditions.
REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Switch kites are made to take a beating but there are a few things you should avoid to increase the life of your kite:
- Rocks, Shells and anything with a hard edge can damage your kite
- Sliding the kite on sand and grass can wear and damage materials
- Waves and water pushing onto the kite can damage your kite
- Left stored pumped up in the sun and wind for periods of time will damage materials
The main points to follow when packing up your kite:
Dry - Let the kite completely dry.
Safe Area - Find and area clear of an shape objects.
Deflate - Unclip strut valves, unscrew main valve and place sideways in velcro cap.
Roll - Place bridle line on kite and slowly roll up pushing all the air out.
Following these care tips can significantly increase the life of your kite.
A regular quick visual check can help pick up issues before they become problems. Many kiters perform these checks when setting up and and packing up their gear. Things to look for:
Uni pump system - Are all valve seals in place and all uni pump hoses free of damage and connected securely.
Bridle lines and attachment point - Are are lines free of damage and attached correctly.
Leading edge and canopy - Holes, scratches and damage from crashes.
Always store your kite dry and in a cool place away from UV light and any harsh chemicals.
If you have crashed your kite or your kite has rubbed against a hard or rough surface check for damage immediately. If affected area is large get it repaired before you use it again.